The Pliant Systems Engineer is a seasoned professional who has extensive technical experience supporting sales efforts for high-value, infrastructure automation solutions at multiple levels within various telecommunications service providers and large enterprise customers. Highly developed organizational and people skills are a must as you will be establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with large, high profile accounts. This position requires a person who can display strong knowledge in a number of technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner, and is highly competent in communicating technology automation concepts with customers, partners, sales, and fellow employees.
- Deliver product, services and consultative support to prospective and existing Pliant clients
- Own the entire pre-sales technical cycle, including assisting sales in closing the sale.
- Help drive, sales, and business development objectives in collaboration with the sales team.
- Use technical and business writing skills used to respond to technical portions of new business proposals, e.g. RFP/RFI.
- Provide Pre-Sales product Proof of Concept (POC) oversight to ensure the client is successful with products and understands product capabilities. This includes planning, staging, installing, and managing the POC process.
- Develop and deliver product presentations at customers, conferences and other venues as required.
- Provide relevant customer feedback to corporate: features, futures, issues, success stories, and competitive field intelligence.
- Provide infrastructure automation analysis and design at all levels.
- Manage customer sign-off of trials, installations, and professional services to ensure related revenues can be invoiced.
- Post sales installation, implementation, documentation, integration, and troubleshooting of the Pliant platform.
- Own assigned accounts from an overall customer satisfaction perspective
- Strong Pre-Sales Engineering experience (7+ years)
- Telecom carrier or large enterprise customers
- Worked in network or operations engineering / architecture or security operations
- Has worked for a small company in a remote/work at home office (a plus)
- Technically competent & hands on in the following areas:
- Scripting for operating systems – Linux and Windows (bash and powershell scripting)
- Databases, firewalls, network routing and switching, logging solutions such as Splunk
- Programming experience with REST or SOAP APIs, and languages such as NodeJS or Python
- Knowledge of mobile wireless network design and service delivery
- General Aptitudes
- Self motivated with strong team attitude
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Process oriented
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill
- Initiative and accountability
- Adaptable to change/flexible
- Innovative business and technical problem solver